View Single Post
Old 22-04-2007, 13:29   #115
My Waking Hour

freddie, it's your choice if you want to eat healthy or not. I personally cook 90% of my food and 90% of it is non animal food.
But to suggest that a home made food is not necessarily healthier than junk food is not on. First of all when you buy your own ingredients from the market you can check what you buy, whereas at MacDonalds and co, you eat it without knowing what they put it in. Yeah, I suppose they can assure you it's all "innocent" but do you really trust those people?
If I am to make potato fries or hash browns - which is the typical unhealthy food - myself I have a choice of what kind of oil to use and how to cook them. With Macdonalds you don't have a choice and you'll be treated to that reused lard-drenched junk whether you like it or not.
I also partly disagree with what Amy_Lee_Rocks says: you can't always rely on your body's ability to dispose of the toxins all the time when you keep feeding it with toxins.

Quote:
There is absolutely something wrong with eating fast food. Talk to any nutritionist, you should have fast food at MAXIMUM, once to twice a month. IF that much. It's pollution for your body. It's not just fat that is bad, it's contributing to extremely bad LDL cholesterol build up, and a lack of nutriets that are replaced by non essential waste
I also think that junk, processed, fatty foods have something to do with alcoholism too. I'm not an expert but I talk from my personal experience. I haven't touched alcohol since last year where I've switched my diet but it wasn't done deliberately. I just couldn't stand the thing anymore. It must be some kind of chemical reaction that triggers the craving for alcohol. I think it's not random that the teenagers of the UK whose diet consists of predominantly Macdonalds develop traits for alcoholism and binge drinking very early.

ahe, maybe the mods can move the last bit of the discussion bit to the food and drinking section bit as this has hardly to do with the USA? Well, in a way it has but that's another story

Last edited by spyretto; 22-04-2007 at 13:56.