View Single Post
Old 05-08-2004, 23:23   #30
My Waking Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by katbeidar
spyretto, because lizards and cats don't need to be as intelligent as we are to survive in their habitat. If we had the adaptions of a cat, we won't need our brain to protect us. Our brain is our only weapon, that's why we evolved it to this extent. To be honest, I'm rather dissapointed by your ignorance. You don't even know level one biology.

thegurgi, there were no birds before dinosaurs went extinct. Birds evolved from dinosaurs.

True, but not very well structured as an arguement. Every animal's spinal chord is connected to their skull. Duuuuh. What made Australopithecines different is that their spinal chord connected to the skull [/b]underneath[/b] it. Australopithecines' foramen magnum's position has moved to be positioned underneath the skull to support bipedalism. In other animals the forman magnum is positioned behind the skull.

And evolution is not disputable, if a person if well informed on evolution he will think again before rejecting it.
Huh? You know it's more likely that species extinct before evolving into something else, kat.
Do you people really believe that we had to evolve from the australopithecus into the human being to survive in our changing habitat? Religion makes more sense to me than that. I would expect a more plausible explanation, Do you simply suggest that the ape lost its physical ability to survive in its habitat and so it had to develop its intelligence?
Anybody else thinking that the theory of evolution as such is make-believe? Here something more to ponder about:

http://ourworld.cs.com/mikegriffith1/evofacts.htm

In that respect I prefer religion.