View Single Post
Old 06-10-2003, 22:20   #13
ex-sunnich

Send a message via ICQ to la aurora Send a message via MSN to la aurora
hehe... thanks coolie *sends kiss back*

Ok. I'm back, guys. I really don't have a clue of how to teach anyone. I'm not a teacher I told ya. But I'm trying to do my best... I swear...

Let's organize our work a bit. I need to know the number of ppl who wants to participate actively. I mean anyone is welcomed to read this thread and ask the questions I'll try my best to answer. But those, who wants really to learn something, need to try a bit more, right? I can not only give U the examples of russian words and phrases, but also check the way U are dealing with them... correcting mistakes of the each 'student' personally. It's U to decide. I'm not going to force anyone. But a bit of interactive can be fun, don't ya think?

So, just give me the list of so-called 'active' participants, who I could always have in mind. If there are any of course

Ok. I know, the first lesson was kinda... hard So, I won't load ur brain much this time.

I'll just add one more thing about reading russian: the combination of letters 'чт' is usually read as 'шт' (sht). Don't ask me why, I'll tell you a bit later. There are still some difficult things left. So it will be the topic of another lesson.

Now some more phrases. U can use them in the beginnig or end of the talk. Heh... sure U are supposed to be able to read in russian urself already but, guess, it's still too early for that. So I added transliteration this time. Anyway, if U want to have some practice, try to read this urself. I marked sounds under the stress with the bold font. Using Lesson one, U shouldn't have any problems with everything, except 'до завтра' and 'до встречи'. I pronaunced words quite fast on the file, as U have transliteration in front of ur eyes and shouldn't have problems. If u still feel I need to pronaunce any word in particular slowly, tell me and I'll do, k?

Привет! Как дела? - Hi! How are U? (informal) [pr'iv'et! Kak d'ila?]

Possible answers ('да' means nothing in this case. U can miss it. It just means that a person can't give the exact answer and still has some doubts wich word to choose. In english it's something like 'well, not so good' for example. 'вроде' can also be missed. it's something like 'more likely' or 'at least I think so') :

[Да] нормально [вроде]. Неплохо. Хорошо [вроде]. - Normal (I'm ok). Not bad. Good. [da narmal'na vrod'i. N'iploha. Harasho.]

Отлично! Всё супер! Клёво. - Exellent! Everything is super! Cool! (also informal, as U see) [Atl'ichna! Vs'o sup'ir! Kl'ova.]

Плохо. [Да] не очень. Всё плохо. - Bad. Not very (good). Everything is bad. [Ploha. Da ni ochen'. Vs'o ploha]

Паршиво. Отстойно. Very bad (comes from 'nasty, rotten, lousy'). Very bad (comes from 'the result of settlement'. the sediment on the bootom of pure water for example. quite a popular word among MTV-kids) (both words are colloquial) [Parshiva. Atstoyna]

Бывает и хуже... но реже. - Sometimes it's worse... but rarely (in a bitter-joking way) [Bivayet i huzhi, no rezhi]

Пока не родила. Когда рожу, тогда скажу - Haven't born still... I'll tell ya when I will (Don't know... may be it's just a Moscow-thing but it's quite popular. Sure U better wouldn't say this to ur business-partner but to a friend it's ok. Some kind of teasing put in rythm. Oh, yeah, and boys use it as often as girls. It just looks even funnier ) [Paka ni rad'ila. Kagda razhu, tagda skazhu]

Ты как? А у тебя? - U? And U? [Ti kak? A U t'ib'a?]

Пока! Увидимся. До завтра. До встречи. Целую. - Bye! See U! See U 2morrow. See U ('till next meeting' word by word). Kiss (like 'I'm kissing ya good-bye') [Paka! Uv'id'ims'a. Da zaftra. Da fstr'echi. Tsiluyu.]

http://www.geocities.com/nrg2002ru/lesson2.mp3