View Single Post
Old 30-11-2005, 22:25   #12
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
Offtop:
sorry to double post but LOL@that comment ^ we americans share much different perspectives. i don't think any one is wrong or right but people get so hostile sometimes. i don't know why.

on another note. if there is no such separation between church and state, are you saying the church runs the state? that is all law is governed by, and derives from the bible? that is inaccurate. each state has its own set of law that varies from state to state. but above all, each state abides by the constitution, hands down. the constitution specifies freedom of many things, that have nothing to do with the bible. this could be an abismally dull essay and i don't see how church and state are one entity. they are not.

Quote:
But it's a fact Bush got reelected largely due to christian conservaties. And his rhetoric is blatantly christian more often than not.
that is not a fact. a little more than half this country voted for bush. if statistics show that alot more than half attend religious institutions, that means that many religious people did NOT vote for bush. and many people voted for bush because he is generous with tax breaks for the wealthy and small business entreprenuers.

and also, to quote my friend..whom i made answer a question very concisely:
Quote:
the separation of church and state in the US depends on locality and furthermore on how one interprets the establishment clause. If one goes by the strict interpretation that the there shall be no state established church (like the church of england) then, yes church and state are separate. If one goes by the interpretation that no one religion should get some favored status, then hell no.
favoritism! of course. exactly. and also, if there were NO separation, there would be a law to make people donate money to the church, among other things. there are faith based initiaves in recent times but those are indirect monies anyway.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Completeā„¢ forever

I never thought it would be this clear | Lux [ light-ness@hotmail.com ]