View Single Post
Old 30-11-2005, 20:50   #8
iMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khartoun2004
It is also the reason why we have a seperation of church and state in this country. Religion has no place in government policy, or laws. In the US the Constitution is the bible, not the First Testement.
In principle, but in reality? To me the US look like an extremely religious country with no clear separation of church and state. The US president has to swear on a bible to become president, which is a blatant breach of the separation of church and state, no elected person should have to swear on a religious book to access a political position, unless the country is a theocracy. And as far as i know, it's the case for all official positions in the US, people have to swear on a bible and say speech including stuff like "and so help me god", where's the separation? You can't have a real separation of church and state when people keep making references to god in official contexts, which is the case of all US politicians who can't make a single public appearance without mentioning god. No, the US is close to a theocracy, religion is present everywhere and influences all political decisions.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]