View Single Post
Old 30-11-2005, 20:10   #7
Gaga ftw!

Send a message via AIM to Khartoun2004 Send a message via MSN to Khartoun2004 Send a message via Skype™ to Khartoun2004
[off] Lux, interesting points. I personally don't have a problem with other people's religious beliefs. However, I do have a problem with people trying to push their beliefs on others.

The founding fathers of the United States were for the most part Unitarians and Universalists (Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, Ben Franklin, and James Madison to name a few). The basis of the first amendment right to Freedom of Religion is based on the Unitarian belief in a free and independent search for the truth, for all individuals. It is also the reason why we have a seperation of church and state in this country. Therefore, I am not in least bit surprised that people who remember that this seperation exists, would vote to continue something like stem-cell research whether they agree with it or not on a spiritual level. Religion has no place in government policy, or laws. In the US the Constitution is the bible, not the First Testement.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Yeah, cause you're my rock star in between the sets
Eyeliner and cigarettes