View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 20:56   #50
My name is Koria. Hi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie View Post
Wrong-o. Thanks to some horrible contracts, swindling by nearly every other involved party, and Yulia having to pay the then-management for the concert cancellations and 'general absence' of the group, PLUS lost revenue, caused by her taking medical leave for the fucking cyst in her throat that HE (you know who) was responsible for- the only thing the first album got the girls was enough of a ($$$) reputation to renegotiate a new contract on their own, and a hard lesson about trusting people in showbiz.

EDIT: Why do people think the old management was so much better? It was like a circus- everyone had their pompous 'look at me!' freakshow ego with the girls being told, basically unpaid, what angle to have their heads at during each song, and exactly what to say (though never why.) Do we forget Lena passing out during a press conference, and the corresponding video of her candidly saying that she doesn't have enough money to eat? Do we forget the old taty.ru? The one with newsflashes that the girls were getting married, or looking for threesome partners? Do we forget that there was a reality show chronicling the recording of their second album, which was SUPPOSED to end on its' release day, which totally degenerated into a montage of Shapovalov's new protegés, and occasional cameos of the girls wondering why the hell they weren't recording anything? Is THAT what everyone wishes this management was doing?

WHY does everyone look back at those times with rose-colored glasses? Because they were kissing? As far as I'm concerned, this is a fantastic opportunity for the girls to finally do what they want to. No labels to suck up to, no movies for publicity... I couldn't be more excited.
I agree with your points but people liked the old management because that's when tatu was good. They aren't bad, but they aren't at their first Russian/English album glory. I think a lot of people dislike the new management because they don't sound the same.

I'm glad they don't have that garbage they went through anymore, I was tired of hearing stupid stuff about getting married together and stuff but at that time they were at least in the public's mind and could use that to sell more records and keep on going.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Myspace ! Deviantart