View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 18:19   #33
Martian Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanoff View Post
Among the Russian finalists I want Gulyaj Rossiya to go, pure fun!! Jennie and Glukoza are good too.
Everything below ESC quality demands. Devyatov would look quite lame, if you take away his group (there is a limitation of people on stage at the contest), the song isn't exactly what makes people mad, and he is deadly boring himself. Jennie is nice, but oh so amateurish and Glyuk'oza can't sing well. Russia needs people like Nyusha, Lazarev, Roma Kenga or at least a good singer like Savicheva or Sogdiana, all of them well known around and capable to represent Russia in a high format international competition, everything else is just waste of time and money.
Quote:
edit: Zlata also withdrew from the selection. Mika is the winner.
I've read both Jamala's as well as Zlata's announcements on their homepages. Seems that nobody is interested in another competition. While Jamala openly accuses some people to make money out of a self-created scandal and doesn't want to have anything to do with those people, Zlata conveniently hurt her leg, so she can't perform until Ukraine has to announce their competitor to the EBU - ouch Zlata, I can feel your pain!
Quote:
Is it true that Jamala crew are in contacts with Russian television? If it is, what are her chances to be selected?
I heard of a petition of Jamala fans to Channel One. I don't think there are negotiations. Whatever, the only Ukrainians, who could save the honour of Russia, would be the "Singing Panties".

Last edited by Argos; 02-03-2011 at 18:49.