View Single Post
Old 27-06-2009, 01:04   #23
The Dream is Over, :~(

Sorry but I'm going to have to agree with AshMcAuliffe. While the loss of a living legend is certainly great I hope his alleged paedophilia is never forgotten. You can appreciate the music and talent but still be disgusted with the man himself. It's crappy that he seems to have gotten off both times mainly due to the parents of the children being shady characters.

In any case, I don't buy the whole boy in man's body thing. I think it's just rationalising his perversions, a grown adult can only blame his/her parents for so long. After a while you have to take responsibility for your own life. Michael just fed into his own ego, the guy had a God-like status, he could get away with child molestation if he tried... and he did. Celebrities tend to get away with many things.

I apologise for saying this now, it's rather tasteless to say only one day after his death. I just felt like giving a differing, non-adoring assessment of his waning years. Glossing over his faults just doesn't sit well with me but we are all entitled to our opinions, of course.