View Single Post
Old 20-02-2011, 20:45   #796
reconciled

Wow, many impressions in a short time. Long time no such thing.
I have to say that this might have been the very first time to actually see what Yulia and her team feat. fans are able to organize at this point of the long journey.
And there also is still for us or at least for me a long way to go until I can separate my (former) negative associations with t.A.T.u. and Renski from her. This was a first step and I am hopeful (I can start from zero soon).
She was professional, the entire thing looked good (the edited vid of the fans' video greetz was sweet, even though the sound a bit bad at times). There were journalists and fans, hopefully in a rather good mixture. Yulia acted professionally and I liked most of her answers. That fans ask about her private life is "normal", we almost haven't seen much else from her in the last couple of years.

It was a good test for her and she acted rather cool. She looked great. Schlachover and Tityanko were there among others from her team.
She said t.A.T.u. is not dead and that comes in handy when we got to hear the two songs she performed (mostly play-back): "Woman all the way down" and "Outta my way". Songs are Americanized crap! I wouldn't want to listen to those voluntarily - you can't just make her a Russian P!nk and think it's gonna work - so old-fashioned, what crappy lyrics and please those backing singer sh*t hurts. Those will never become hits - not in Russia and not in the US. That's what she has to work on now and it doesn't help if she says she'll have 20 tracks on her album and half of it sound horrible for t.A.T.u. fans that don't pretend... Lena and Yulia are on the rather same level concerning their solo songs' quality...

So, basically, she is in good spirits. I am very happy that changing her religion to Islam has helped her mentally (she needed sth. and she hopefully found it). She and the entire event impressed me a lot, but the quality of the songs is very low.
But she made me feel optimistic in a sense that she will achieve many of the goals she has.
Happy Birthday, Yulia!

Seems the second song is called "Rage" woohoo... ...oh oh

Last edited by little_polar_bear; 20-02-2011 at 21:03.