View Single Post
Old 23-11-2003, 22:43   #66
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
Quote:
Originally posted by goku
Ok.. Personally, I think someone who is offended by anything written or said is weak, and attached to humanity. Maybe it's because where I'm from, but I don't get how words can cause a person any emotional connection. People can say whatever they want, and if someone is offended by it, well then I'm better than them aren't I? Now I realise "governments" have organized things such as censorship and social views, which make you think certain things are bad. If you let the government influence you in any way unphysical, then you are unable to think for yourself and deserved it.

i agree, but i dont think of it as weakness. if anyone is out to offend you, why give them that power? words intended to emotionally injure just don't get to me, most of the time. i don't get offended if someone says "gawd you're so butch" or "wow you're really femme" or "go back to your own country." it doesn't change me, it doesn't affect my life, so why should i be hurt by it? people who say that judge through a purely external perspective and the world doesn't function on everyone JUST making those assumptions. it's such closedminded bullshit. people who judge others based solely on the stereotyped image in their minds should open their eyes and realize that what makes the individual is biological, sociological, and circumstancial. [the last two having more influence because our genes are just the canvas on which things are painted, but the canvas varies from person to person. it's sets how people react and change, but even THAT is subject to change.]
it's an instance of people's narrow mindedness and ignorance that i want nothing to do with. however, if these people should want to change, i'll be right there.

as for the government, i view it has providing a structure for economic and sociologic control, which in this case is a good thing. it's there to provide certain ground rules while creating possibilities for freedom. and i won't get into the economic side, it doesn't apply here.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Completeā„¢ forever

I never thought it would be this clear | Lux [ light-ness@hotmail.com ]