Thread: Lady GaGa
View Single Post
Old 19-06-2011, 11:15   #363
Martian Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by regigigas1505 View Post
What bothers me is; people love anything she does.
This is what fandom is about, not so bad I would say. Concerning me - I dislike American pop 'with all my heart and soul', but there is still something here and there which I can't condemn, some Gaga for example. To make it clear, I didn't say that I love, adore or worship 'Edge Of Glory', originally it was worth two words 'Like it', not more (which means: I don't dislike it and I'm not indifferent to it. Anything else is overinterpretation).
Quote:
Well, a video is supposed to be beatiful, at least, appealing to people in a way or another...
A video is supposed to sell the artist, no more no less. Of course we all want to see something specific in a clip, but in the end we are not entitled to order an artist how to make his work.
Quote:
... just being beautiful saves it. This Gaga's video is fugly. She's not trying to look pretty or at least acceptable, she's trying to look like a freak. Which she is. And which can be totally cool, but she insists on making it UGLY.
You won't get a beautiful Gaga, and you know it. She is not a beauty (maybe that's even the main reason which pushes her on) and she will never try to look beautiful, which can only be a failure. She rather prefers the ugly, freaky side. But in this she is even pretty 'harmless' compared to others. Care for a taste? The Russian singer Linda (actually anything else than Russian), in contrast to Gaga very introverted, not a beauty too, always feeling like an alien, showed it quite often in her clips - Vzglyad iznutri - View from within, just to widen your horizon for freaks. Long way for Gaga to go.
Quote:
There's no emotion in this Gaga video to me.
Gaga is stingy with her true emotions as a whole. Some artists have their problems with sharing their soul publicly. See Lena for example. Even in her preferred ballads she rarely puts anything into it. Gaga is here consequent. Provoke emotions, but keep your own in the secret.
Quote:
... but t.A.T.u.'s videos are MUCH more appealing.
Highs and Lows as well. Some can completely capture you, some move past your ass without any impression. In the end, what makes a video clip good for you, is how it leads you into it and how it affects you personally. Even 'shitty' clips may appeal to you, if they pull the right strings for you. That's called (imperfectly) personal taste.

And I'm wasting a lot of time for an artist I'm only marginally stoked...