View Single Post
Old 21-02-2004, 04:43   #150
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Quote:
Originally posted by simon
The thing that made me think she could indeed not be entirely straight (I just assumed she was straight as soon as I saw the first YSSU video, such an old cynic am I), was what she said in the Ptyuch interview. The story about her parents' reactions only seemed to make sense if YSSU had been a joke and Yulia was straight, but the hidden irony was that Yulia had later realised she liked girls. The fact that Yulia's account in Anatomy matches with what I had deduced months earlier from Ptyuch seems too much of a coincidence to be a coincidence.
LMAO!! You stole that from ME! It was me who claimed that all along on tatu.us and even BEFORE that, on tatysite.net (from the first moment I ever read that interview I was almost sure Yulia was bi) and you always kept dismissing that argument saying that the interview was not valid cause Ivan and Yulia were both just toying with the interviewer with their sarcastic ways. Oh what difference a day makes.

Quote:
Originally posted by simon
The strongest evidence that Yulia really is straight is not that she has a boyfriend, it's that it's Pasha. I mean, you would have to be very strongly oriented to men to even begin to think that Pasha was attractive.

However, Pasha is so unattractive to everyone else that Yulia simply can't have chosen him because she found him so incredibly physically attractive - surely nobody has such weird tastes. What his appeal is remains a mystery to me. One suggestion I've heard is that he reminds Yulia of her father - a strong, simple man.

I can't quite imagine how anybody could be so straight that faced with a choice between two people that they had feelings for: Pasha and Masha Tsigal (who presumably was the girl she referred to - five translators say it was another girl, only elf says it was Lena) they would choose Pasha. But then I can't quite imagine how faced with a choice between Pasha and other men, Yulia would choose Pasha.
This is such a feble argument. Firstly... beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You can never categoricaly say which person would be pleasing to another regardless of the body features nor gender. This might be even a bit more complicated for bisexual people who may look for male characteristics on a man and female characteristic on a woman. So those two might be COMPLETELY different kind of sexual attractions.
Another point: the attraction to a person is not skin-deep. When we feel attracted to a person, it's the attraction towards their whole persona. Attraction can't be explained simply by aestetical sense of what is considered beautiful. It's so much more then that.

A practical example that shaters THAT theory: Angelina Jolie is bisexual. She dated Billy Bob Thornton. Enough said.
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.