View Single Post
Old 16-12-2005, 09:11   #16
Bitchka

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaQueen
well, i dunno what happens in your countries, but here the majority of people absolutely hate gypsies (moi included), because i dunno why the hell they have settled in our country (turning it into "Gypsyland") and, if they did, why the crap they don't find decent things to do except dig in the garbage, roam the streets in their horse drawn carts, live in their tents in the outskirts of all the bigger cities, steal and all that. we have created a good environment for them: they can attend schools, universities on taxpayer's money, yet i don't know how many do that. and not only that, but they also go abroad (illegally, duh) and beg for money and ask for political asylum saying they were being discriminated over here. of course, Spain, UK, France and all those countries GIVE THEM the asylum. heck, what i wouldn't give to go live in those countries. but no, i'm just a regular romanian working my ass off for a crappy sallary in order to save money to go ONCE A YEAR abroad LEGALLY. while the gypsies can go live there whenever they please (even get citizenship). and i bet they make MUCH MORE money by begging in the west than i do working. and i am NOT kidding.

moreover, westerners are of course sick and tired of getting our gypsies over there requesting asylums and all that, and so they impose rules on us, restricting romanians access abroad. the uk still require visas (as if that ever stopped gypsies from going there. they do it ILLEGALLY, hello!), while the rest of europe requires a certain amount of money and an obligatory voucher or invitation from the person you're going to abroad. so thank you very much, but this ONLY makes it harder for normal people like me to travel outside the country, NOT for the gypsies (and all the other idiotic thieves, for that matter).

anyway, that being said, i wouldn't say we are racists (except when it comes to the gypsies). but after the revolution in '89, we got to see black people on our streets and asian people and of course that was something new (it still is), so we're trying to get used to that. i've noticed people's tendency to stare when they see a black person mostly. but it's more of a curious stare if anything. like i said, we're still working on it.
Well, KillaQueen, basically described BULGARIA as well... and i mean that 100% ... and the pic she posted above could just as well be taken in BULGARIA ... so Killa dont you think you are alone in this... though, Romania is bigger and i think might have just a tiny bit more gysies, but that might be questionable .... believe me when i travel around europe with bulgarian passport it ISNT easy, because the gypsies have 'set' perfect example 'round the west .. i constantly had to prove I have $ and return ticket (honestly, having green card is the only thing that made it easier).

oh yeah, one last thing you didnt mention that we have (and believe me all the people that come to visit me DIE when they see, esp. sasha) ... BEARS in the city's center! a papa gypsy has the bear on a leash or rather chain, that connects to a hoop that goes through the bears nose (yeah, nice piercing) ... and the gypsy has a string musical instrument... when he starts playing it the bear gets on its back feet and starts DANCING!!! THe gypsy is doing that hoping the tourist would give him $$$ but the tourists are simply astonished and run far away,, as they arent used to seeing a bear 10cm from them! so do you have that as wel Killa?

lemme see if i can dig couple of pics that i took 2 summers ago while i was back home visitin

edit: BINGO I knew i had uploaded some on webshots long time ago, here are couple of bear pics from Sofia CENTER, and i mean, the center center, on one of the busiest streets with ALL the expensive stores like gucci and so on
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...94597094aaIuBs - here he is, i was filming with video camera (those are screen shots), so he thought i was a TOURIST , so of course he started playing.. the bear here is about to get on the back feet...he is staring at me hoping for $..
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...94597110eWBOFb - to which i was like ... "NO" motioning with my head, so he stopped playing and kept going down the sidewalk
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...94597085hgSYTw - yep, he is about to walk through that sidewalk cafe with the fucking bear!

edit2: blah, i cant find the pics of the hourse carrage i took that same summer .. on my STREET, like 3 min walk from my apartment! i will surely post it when i find it thought...
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!

Last edited by coolasfcuk; 16-12-2005 at 09:27.