View Single Post
Old 15-12-2005, 22:19   #12
blah

well, i dunno what happens in your countries, but here the majority of people absolutely hate gypsies (moi included), because i dunno why the hell they have settled in our country (turning it into "Gypsyland") and, if they did, why the crap they don't find decent things to do except dig in the garbage, roam the streets in their horse drawn carts, live in their tents in the outskirts of all the bigger cities, steal and all that. we have created a good environment for them: they can attend schools, universities on taxpayer's money, yet i don't know how many do that. and not only that, but they also go abroad (illegally, duh) and beg for money and ask for political asylum saying they were being discriminated over here. of course, Spain, UK, France and all those countries GIVE THEM the asylum. heck, what i wouldn't give to go live in those countries. but no, i'm just a regular romanian working my ass off for a crappy sallary in order to save money to go ONCE A YEAR abroad LEGALLY. while the gypsies can go live there whenever they please (even get citizenship). and i bet they make MUCH MORE money by begging in the west than i do working. and i am NOT kidding.

moreover, westerners are of course sick and tired of getting our gypsies over there requesting asylums and all that, and so they impose rules on us, restricting romanians access abroad. the uk still require visas (as if that ever stopped gypsies from going there. they do it ILLEGALLY, hello!), while the rest of europe requires a certain amount of money and an obligatory voucher or invitation from the person you're going to abroad. so thank you very much, but this ONLY makes it harder for normal people like me to travel outside the country, NOT for the gypsies (and all the other idiotic thieves, for that matter).

anyway, that being said, i wouldn't say we are racists (except when it comes to the gypsies). but after the revolution in '89, we got to see black people on our streets and asian people and of course that was something new (it still is), so we're trying to get used to that. i've noticed people's tendency to stare when they see a black person mostly. but it's more of a curious stare if anything. like i said, we're still working on it.