View Single Post
Old 22-04-2006, 15:00   #29
pie crust

Yeah, the bible probably fit the current situation ages ago, but these days it's not so easy to develop as the human race if we still follow it, but oh well.

I don't think religion itself is so bad actually, I know the bible says alot of dumb shit, but the bigger picture is probably not so bad. I can only give Islam as an example as I know more about the message of Islam... to be in peace with all people and animals, and to cherish nature, love etc. Basically that everyone should love and respect eachother. Apparently the Quran also doesn't say any of the women "abuse" things, like "Women are worth less than men", that women should cover themselves etc. but that every person is the master of their own body etc.

It's just sad that people have transformed religion into something so bad, or rather use it as an excuse to do horrible things. For example the suicide bombers who yell "Allahu Akhbar!" before blowing themselves up in the air... Or the Catholic freaks who think homosexuals are disgusting and that a woman should not be able to have an abortion if she was raped.

All in all I think religion is good in itself, or rather, that the message of religion is not so bad, but I definitely don't think we should make it as serious as it is... and the only way to do that is probably to ban all religions. Just the fact that people find something as made up and dumb as religion more important than anything else in life, makes me wanna ... laugh at them and tell them how they're wasting their life by surrounding it completely with such nonsense as religion.

A guy in my class said that he loves God more than he loves his mother. I wanted to laugh at him, but I gotta be respectful... LOL.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]