Thread: Eurovision 2006
View Single Post
Old 13-03-2006, 20:55   #62
My Waking Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanoff
the german entry is picked as the texas lisgtning song no no never.it is a country song and average thing

No No Never
I like it, the melody is good, the singer's voice is nice and the country elements don't overwhelm the song. Another one I like is Ireland's, it may be a bit subtle but I think that Ireland might regain its pride in the contest. Bulgaria...well, I can't hear something in the song that will elevate it from mediocrity, so we need to wait for the performance.
All the songs are ok, nothing extraordinary but no real stinkers either...except , maybe the UK song... and bearing in mind that he can't use a kids choir due to regulations, another idea for a stage act would be to pick up a few yobs from the streets... provided they wreck the stage afterwards.

Oh, having said that: esctoday has not shown the entry for Lithuania yet and I do hope it's not the one I heard...that was shocking
PS. If you're interested, the songs chosen for Vissi to sing in the Greek final - which is tomorrow - are up on the main page of eurovision.gr
Not a single one is any good, actually a lot worse than anything else to be honest. It looks like semi for Greece next year

Last edited by spyretto; 14-03-2006 at 00:07.