View Single Post
Old 01-05-2006, 08:36   #66
Участник

Send a message via ICQ to nath Send a message via MSN to nath Send a message via Skype™ to nath
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel
Free Speech Or PC?
This is one of the most intelligent thing I've read for long time...
To tell the truth, I'm enough fed up by the Politically Correct language..

I agree that each one has to make an effort for the Life in Collectivity is more pleasant...but this Politically Correct Language really seems dangerous to me when it's pushed to its extremes as it's tended (tent?) to be from these past years....

Because I have the feeling that this PC language is applied just by the same part of the poplulation...it goes in an unic direction...
If you're Caucasian type and if you're not poor: you become the target...of the ones who don't apply this PC Language....
BUT, you, you have to behave, to apologize to be born Caucasian and to apologize to not belong to the poor social class...you have to apologize because 150 years ago your country had colonies.... and You HAVE to continue to use this PC language....
What a such hypocrisy !...

I wonder when people would have the Honesty to recognize that chauvinism, racism... aren't just the "not poor White Caucasians "qualities" !! It's everywhere!

We are all chauvinist, racist...with different degres...
We have to improve to be more tolerant in knowing others, it's true....But let's stop this so easy old song: "White are bad, Rich are bad....Coloured people are always good, Poor people are always good"..it becomes really boring..

I just give you an example of these extremes:
When we got the riots in Paris, a Russian friend told me: "Oh! Your police isn't performant....here, the Russian Police would have fixed the situation in 24 hours"....
Of course our French Police is good... *chauvinistic here...* even if we don't have the "Poutine's style" to fix the extreme situations....But the government couldn't act....if not it would be interpreted as "Not Politically Correct"!
So instead to fix the situation in some days, people had to wait one month during in watching their burnt cars and their destroyed shops...

Last edited by nath; 01-05-2006 at 09:25.