View Single Post
Old 24-12-2004, 13:41   #15
Участник

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenBee
I'm such a person who just wouldn't get through something like that, but sure I admire her.
It's harder to imagine yourself living without something you had all your life.

I remember this movie, "Love at first sight". It's about a young woman who fell in love with a blind man who lost his sight since he was 4 years old. She made it her mission to restore his sight, and when she finally achieved it, he wasn't happy at all. For example, he couldn't distinguish a real apple from a drawing of an apple. For him, sight was like an alien world. So when his illness took over and he lost his ability to see yet again, he told her that he is happy the way he is and that he hopes she will love him for what he is... it was sort of a happy end to the movie, I guess.

So, I was thinking, maybe if given a face after a lot of years living without one will be a negative thing for Juliana? Maybe for her gaining a face will be like for us loosing one? Like, she won't be used to feeling the bones inside her face, chewing will be wierd... And by the time the doctors will give her face bones, it'll probably be too late for her to learn to speeck, cuz she won't be able to control the muscle in her tongue. She probably won't be able to control her facial expressions either... So there are lots of complications in her case.