View Single Post
Old 26-01-2004, 18:01   #2
Don't dream it, be it!

Well, this is all very interesting, and many thanks to all of you lovely Russians everywhere for providing the info. Actually, this is starting to correspond to one of my favourite Tatu fantasies; namely, the girls realize that Ivan is a spent force, has taken them as far as he can, has become a drug-addled shadow of his former self/ a megalomaniac/ both...and they take control of the project themselves, realizing that what really made Tatu great in the first place, was their own "personal charm" as Brian Epstein might have put it. And then they set out to reconquer the West, they understand they need a new creative dynamo to guide them...someone untried and unsullied by the wicked ways of showbusiness, but somebody with integrity and imagination, who knows that it should be all about the music really, who understands that in spite of all the shenanigans these two girls love music. But where to find such a person? They happen upon the tatysite forum, see that there's an English fan (almost old enough to be their mother, who cares, who's tried to communicate the way forward for the group over the past year in her previous guise of rachelc) - it's a risk, a hell of a risk, but being bold has always worked for them so they give her a try... and the rest is the stuff of pop legend, as they say.

Of course this whole Ivan-bashing thing could be the latest part of the scam/show, as the lovely Russian posited. Either way, I'm still watching the show...until I get the chance to start running the show (oh, I can dream can't I?).