View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 19:36   #456
Martian Eyes

The mentionable new clips of the last two months in Russia and Ukraine:

Not much interesting to watch and listen in Russia, therefore as sort of formality the new entries of the top stars.
Sergej Lazarev - Bienie serdtsa - The Russian version of Heartbeat - insufferable cant.
Mitya Fomin - Paninaro - The composition is a co-production of the 'Pet Shop Boys' and the creative team of 'Vintazh', the director of the clip was Mitya himself.
Dima Bilan - Mechtateli - Dreamers. Again a composition from 'Vintazh' member and composer Aleksej Romanoff. By the way, Dima got this year's Muz TV Award again... well, subscription!
Glyuk'oza - Hochu muzhchinu - 'I want a man'. Natasha, rarely serious in her songs and clips, this time in Bollywood style - ambrosial!
Nyusha - Bol'no - Painful. The number one discovery of last year in her typical style.
MakSim - Kak letat' - Like flying. Ok, we heard the same song a dozen times over the years, didn't we? Russian radio doesn't really appreciate it as well.

The best of the rock scene:
Bi-2 - Optimist - They are rarely a group known for it's high drive, but this time quite different, with lots of energy.
Mara - Yaponiya - This time she doesn't sing about sex, won't hurt.

...and of course some highlights from the almost unknown:
UNIQQE ft. Katrin - Energiya strasti - Energy of passion. The Kazakhs show the Russians how to make good dance music!
Zhenya Vill' - Tam gde ya - There, where I am. Biting and sexy. Unfortunately the most talented Russians work in the shadows.
Unlike last year the Ukrainian scene in 2011 is quite disappointing. Boring and tired with only a few interesting jobs. Some of the better songs of the stars:
Tina Karol' - Ya skazhu 'da' - I'll say 'yes'. Ok, she had better ones lately....
Svetlana Loboda - Spasibo - Thank you. Even the 'anti-crisis girl' in tristesse, bad sign for Ukraine!
Gajtana - Himiya - Chemistry. One of her best songs, full of energy.
Ruslana - Wow - It was silent around the ex-ESC winner for a long time. Now a new image and style - not bad.
Kamaliya ft. Filipp Kirkorov - Igra s ognem - Play with fire. A co-production of the Ukrainian model and singer with Russia's aging superstar of Bulgarian descent, still one of the best things in Ukraine at the moment.

At least the girlgroups, and Ukraine has a lot of talented ones, showed that they are alive and work is in decent progress:
Alibi - Bej posudu - Smash the dishes. One of the best songs of the Zaval'skaya sisters, who write their songs themselves.
Goryachij shokolad - Bez uma ot schast'ya - Crazy from love. Even in Russia the "Hot Chocolates" are one of the leading girl groups with passionate-romantic songs and stylish appearance.
Hollywood FM - Stripping Of My Feelings - the original 'Dogola' (naked). The problem children of producer Nikitin (who has 5 girlgroups running, as I already told). The music is much better than the girl's performances, and their charisma...well, doesn't exist, unfortunately.
Real O - Muzhchiny lyubyat glazami - Men like eyes. An ex-'Star Factory' project, still in business thanks to decent music. Much drive.
Delice - Lyubovnik i vrag - Lover and enemy. The sisters were the high-flyers of the last year - from absolutely unknown at the beginning of the year to number one hit owners on Kiev's radio at the end of the year. Music, style, charisma - the girls have everything you need for success.