View Single Post
Old 03-06-2003, 04:13   #173
Bitchka

Re: russkaya & cool

Quote:
(we have basicly everything that others have except -napomnit; we say spomnit in stead of napomnit)...
hmm, freddie we also have spomnya in addition to napomnya. 'spomnya' is to 'remember, and 'napomnya' is to 'remind'. [we would say: sponmi si!! = 'remember !!! and napomni mi !! = 'remind me !!']

Quote:
1.zabyuaiu, 2. zabyvaesh, 3. zabivayut.... we would say 1.jaz pozabim 2. ti pozabish, 3. on pozabi...
freddie really? pozabim sounds 'complete' to me, especially 'on pozabi'. And zabyvaiu is really 'unfinished' or 'continious' action

And so here it is in Bulgarian(in bold are the examples russkayatatu gave): Singular - 1.Az zabravyam 2. Ti zabravyash 3. Toi/Tia/To zabravya. Plural- 1.Nie zabravyame 2.Vie zabraviate 3. Te zabravyat

If we said in Bulgarian: Singular: 1.Az pozabravyam 2.Ti pozabravyash 3. Toi/Tia/To pozabravya Plural: 1.Nie pozabravyame 2.Vie pozabravyate 3. Te pozabravyat
Now that is a different case I am so confused in grammar right now, that I am not sure what to call 'perfect' and what 'imperfect' but I am sure russkayatatu can tell, since all the words, and prefixes are so close - I was never that good in grammar either, and it is harder for me, since I live in USA now, and speak a lot more English compared to Bulgarian

Quote:
And imperfect "pomniu": 1. ja pomniu, 2. ty pomnish', 3. oni pomnjat... 1. jaz pomnim, 2. ti pomnish, 3. on pomni... as you see we have successfully removed any conjugations that end with a -t.
And Bulgarian again: Singular - 1. Az pomnya 2. Ti pomnish 3.Toi/Tia/To pomni Plural: 1.Nie pomnim 2. Vie momnite 3.Te pomnyat [note for russkayatatu - the last one 'pomnyat' is like this is cyrillic помнят so exactly the same as Russian, you just translited the 'ya' as 'ja' but I try to stick to always transliting я as 'ya']

little note to freddie - oni is they in Russian, and I see you wrote the on 'words' in Slovene, which I am pretty sure is 'he' (I am also sure because I look at the word - both yours and ours are pomni for he/she/it )

Just checked with my mom on the 'verb' subject - and she reminded me - there is no infinitive form of the verb in Bulgarian, like it is in Russian and Slovene. (One other more 'analytical' part of the language) My mom said, to translate the 'infinitive' of Russian words, Bulgarians use the Singular, First 'lice', meaning the verb for 'I'(eng) = "Ya" (ru) = "Az"(bg) So for example you see, for the Russian infinitive of zabyivat' - Bulgarians would translate it as zabravyam, which you can see is the Singular, first form 'Az zabravyam' or 'I forget' . So 'zabyvat' (ru) = 'zabravyam' (bg) is the ongoing/unfinished action or 'nesovershenyi vid'(ru) = 'nesavershen vid'(bg), while 'zabyt' (ru) = 'zabravya' is the 'complete' or 'sovershennyi vid'(ru) = 'savarshen vid' (bg). You see the difference between sov. and nesov. in BG is very subtle for that particular word, it is a simple m at the end of one of the words.
I knew it was something like that - just not 100% sure, and no wonder I was thinking so much harder over those 'verbs' Ha ha, told ya, it's hard describing the grammar of your own language, since it comes intuitivly to ya.

But while I am still on the subject - to make it completely clear that we do have 'perfect' and 'imperfect' verbs, here is one more example, I saw the words while flipping through the 'obscenities' book, so it is in a way introduction to my next post with 'bad words'

The word is 'fart', so in Russian it is: 'пердеть' = 'perdet' ' for the 'continuous' and 'перднуть' ' = 'perdnut' for the other one (sorry, told ya, I got confused which one is perfect which one is imperfect )

In Bulgarian they are: 'пърдя' = 'pardya'/'purdya' (this is our ъ vowel ) for the 'continuous' action and: 'пръдна' = 'pradna'/'prudna' for the other one.
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!

Last edited by coolasfcuk; 03-06-2003 at 04:32.