View Single Post
Old 05-08-2003, 12:13   #12
Just say maybe

I saw Crossroads at the cinema. And I quite enjoyed it, albeit most of the time I only extracted pleasure from it by laughing at the clichйs. But Britney's acting really wasn't that terrible. However, it was the third film I'd seen that day, creeping about the back of the Multiplex on a ticket for some other film entirely. I wouldn't have handed over hard cash for it.

The worst film I've ever seen, without a doubt, was North - starring a very young Elijah Wood. Grrr. Not a single joke in that film works. In the main film there's no plot, Elijah Wood just travels the world meeting potential parents. Yawn. Whilst in the sub-plot some poindexter kid tries to take over the world. More dramatic, maybe, but they spend so little time on that plot that what he's doing makes no sense at all.

I remember that the main selling point of the film at the time was the chance to see Bruce Willis dressed as the Easter Bunny. Sadly, this was the highlight of the whole film. Look! A Hollywood hard man in a silly suit! Holly sodding bejesus.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Stay in the underworld with me.