View Single Post
Old 22-07-2003, 07:44   #1
Harrumph.

Repent (new fic)

I should post this at my website but I'm lazy. So sue me.

So, read and tell me what you guys think of it. Here goes three first chapters.

Repent ~ Chapter 1

As Yulia Volkova was taken into her cell for the first time ever, she wondered if her husband would have suffered this same luck, had he killed her and not the other way. A second of blind rage had taken her into what'd be her home for a lifetime. She didn't know if to feel happy that she had taken the abusive life of her husband, or miserable that she had been caught. Sitting over her new bed, with the few belongings that she had been told she could take into the prison, she looked around her.

She felt rather small next to the two huge female guards that guided her into it. Her jet-black hair was picked up with a small pinzer, that made her hair have the appearance of being slicked back.

Her bed was the lower bunker of one of two bunkers, each on the side of the cell, which wasn't exactly huge. A small desk with pencils in a pencil well and a few sheets of stained papers rested in the free corner, while in the other corner a mountain of clothes waiting to be taken to the laundry was bunched up. It was not what Yulia had lived in the past four years; but somehow she knew she wouldn't be as miserable as she had been while being a civilian and not a prisoner.

"Hey. Hey you."

Yulia felt she was being prodded. She opened her eyes, only to close them again because the light flooding the cell was blinding to them. She noticed six eyes staring at her. Four from the other lower bunker, two from her own.

The small brunette felt immediately invaded by this redhead who had climbed into her bed without her even noticing. The stranger had taken the liberty of placing her naked feet under Yulia's duvet, to keep them warm. Her fiery red, curly hair, was picked up in what Yulia suspected was at least fifty small braids, all hanging around her pale, freckle infested face.

"You must be the new inmate." The redhead said, staring back at Yulia's surprised factions.

"Yes, ah, I am…"

"Volkova." A blonde lazily resting against the last unknown woman, over the other bed, said without staring at her. "We know, Malina filled us in. Beshenyioangel here was only stating the obvious." She added, nodding in Beshenyioangel's direction.

"Sorry." Yulia answered.

"Don't be. A husbandkiller should never be ashamed." The last inmate, a slightly smaller than herself auburn-haired woman, said, leaving the blonde to crash down on the bed while climbing, monkey-like, to her own bunker.

Yulia's face instantly drained of all colour. "You know why I am here?"

"Why wouldn't we?" The auburn haired woman said. "Nothing to fear out of us, dear. I'm Mara." She stuck a hand out for Yulia to shake. When the brunette did, she shook her head violently. "No, no, not like a dead fish! Hold my hand like you mean it!" Yulia's face contorted into an embarrased gesture and she held Mara's hand with more strenght. "Good. And the dumb blonde in here…"

"I'm not dumb!"

"I doubt you're blonde, anyway," Mara said, laughing, "she's Alena." Alena flashed Yulia a peace sign before crashing down to bed and putting on some shades. Later on, Mara told Yulia that Alena couldn't sleep any other way.

Yulia stared at the redhead, who hadn't stopped staring at her even when she had been talking to her new cellmates, Yulia noticed. "And you're…?"

"You'll have to do with calling me Beshenyioangel. No one calls me by my name unless you've earned your right to do it." Said the redhead, her sober factions not changing one bit. Yulia felt a bit creeped out by the tone in which Beshenyioangel talked. The redhead, noticing Yulia hadn't moved one bit, said "goodnight" and climbed up to her bunker, leaving Yulia alone in her own bed.

There was something about that somber expression that both scared and thrilled Yulia. She could swear those gray eyes that had stared at her for god knows how much time before she woke up, had lightened up for a brief second before Beshenyioangel climbed over to bed.

She realized she had spent her nap with her hair picked up. She took the pinzer off, and after placing it carefully over the desk which was right behind her bed, she got inside the covers and waited for the lights-off call which she had been warned about.