View Single Post
Old 05-07-2003, 16:41   #59
a kind of fresh madness

My real name is Lorna. I hate it though and, no matter how much I insist, I can't get people to call me by my nickname in my day-to-day life or at my job. I wouldn't mind being referred to as Mossopp all the time but it's not a particularly fitting name for an Accountant!

It's a kinda embarrassing story about how I came to be known as 'Mossopp'.
During the late 80's/early 90's there was a childrens TV show in the UK called 'The Riddlers'. The Riddlers were a group of ugly little troll-type creatures who lived at the bottom of an overgrown old garden.
One day, many years ago, I was travelling home on the school bus and some wee boy I'd never met before came up to me and said "Hey, you look like one of them Riddlers off the TV!!!".
One of The Riddlers was called Mossop.
My friend Emma, whom I was sitting beside on the bus that day, then yelled "Yeah - you look like the one called Mossop!!!!" and all the kids sitting around us started laughing their arses off at me.
Now, of course, I look nothing like a Riddler - I am not ginger, I am not 4 feet tall, I do not live in a potting shed and I'm not entirely ugly (even if I do say so myself ). However, from that day on, everyone at school started to call me Mossop and the name just kinda stuck. I added the extra "P" on the end to make it a bit more original and I have been known as Mossopp ever since!
It may be a wierd name but it's definately better than 'Lorna'!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
or is it just to humour us before we die?