View Single Post
Old 02-07-2003, 13:04   #46
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Quote:
yep...u got it freddie! U are def obsessed w/ Queen man (except Farokh is an old Persian Name...not arabic )

My claim to fame with Queen is that my uncle went to school with Freddie, and was the drummer in the band that they had when they were in school. I remember once watching a documentary about the life of Freddie a.k.a Faroukh Balsara and seeing my uncle talking about the band and freddie... i was like WTF! It was kinda kewl

OMG, OMG, OMG Kishkash you are now officaly my god. I worship you... *bows*
Marry me. Or at least adopt me. Or I'll adopt you. Or something

I can't even belive I'm in the presence of someone who was an uncle that was in a band with the god almighty.
What was the name of the band? Tell me, tell me, tell me... I know practicaly all the bands he was in before Queen... was it "The Platters" rip off band that he was in when he was in boarding school in India?

About the name: I think we might both be right. It makes sense the name "Farouk" is persian because he was persian. But I guess the name is arabic and egiptian as well (all those cultures were heavily interconected during the history anyway). This is what is written about the name on that "behind the names web site":

FAROUK m Arabic
Variant of FARUQ. This was the name of the last king of Egypt.
FARUQ m Arabic
Means "person who can tell right from wrong" in Arabic.

OK this is my story about not having my name pronounced right. My grandfather was a german from Cologne and he got very pissed when my mom gave me a completely slavic name because there was no way he could pronounce it properly. Haha..It was so funny. He died in 86 but I can still see him struggling to pronounce my name. Such memories

btw: People you all have very cool names. We're an extraordianry bunch here on tatysite.net.
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Last edited by freddie; 02-07-2003 at 13:10.