View Single Post
Old 14-05-2011, 07:33   #70
My Waking Hour

from another forum

Quote:
have to say the band from moldova is one of the most recognizable alternative bands from eastern europe in the last 15 years; i think they've gained more success than any other 2011 eurovision contestant, including lena, blue and dana international by performing on several biggest open air rock festivals across europe (especially eastern europe, you can't be a music fan here and not know this band)
if it wasn't the worst song in their entire career a top 5 would be safe (they already finished 5th when they represented moldova for the first time and were less known)
I share that sentiment exactly.

this is me from another forum, this is EXACTLY what I think about the UK and ESC situation:

Also: the jury WILL go for a GOOD song and their song is the best composition of the whole competition, unless you'd like to dispute that.
I'm more worried about how the voting in the former Soviet bloc will go for them than the jury...and the fact that the UK traditionally doesn't get much love ( but lets face it, the stuff they've been sending in the last 10 years are what I would describe as musical turd...even the Lloyd Webber ballad they sent that made the top 5 was dire. They have been getting what they deserve and so rightfully we are getting our backside beaten to a pulp. Because the people who watch Eurovision over here are mostly idiots... Now they're clueless again, writing Blue off and talking about the "Jedward revolution". If it wasn't for the internal voting Blue would have never been in ESC, they would have voted for yet another musical turd to represent them. )

But now as we're finally sending a good song at last and a band that are down-to-earth guys who respect the competition and have showed no arrogance at all in spite of their fame I'm standing behind their song.