View Single Post
Old 22-07-2010, 20:59   #936
Martian Eyes

The birth of the Lena Katina project wasn't out of heart, it was the only thinkable way to act after Yulya left the group. I don't believe that Renskij or Lena had any vision or concept about it when they started. Lena suddenly had no 'job' and Renskij was without his project, which is, as far as I know, pretty much his only occupation, if we put aside his dedication to Russian spaceflight and charity activities.

Yulya wanted to move to the USA and build up her career there. Of course she wanted to get the tatu musicians to help her and work together as a band. Renskij knew it, he was faster and took the band. They are not enough successful that they would easily reject his well paid offers. As we know Renskij and Katina came to LA with no song, no concept, no anything. The goal was just to avert Yulya getting the band and having a good chance for a start. This is not fair play, but understandable. A successful Yulya will kill the tatu project definitely. He acts as a business professional and we can't even blame him for that. The lack of his own strong input into the Katina project proves that he is realistic enough to doubt chances for Lena. His aim is still to save the tatu project, and for Lena the whole thing is an occupational therapy.

But somehow his calculations got wrong. Unexpectedly Yulya got the more than half a million dollars she needed to record her album and everything is on track. Renskij has to deal with the creative emptiness of the Katina project, has to keep the musicians in good mood and be in everything faster, better and more successful than Yulya to frustrate her enough that she will give up.

The Volkova project has to be a success for one reason: A project should never be grounded on destructivity and never should Renskij get the satisfaction that his tactics get rewarded. Of course this all made Yulya angry and when she saw the poor results of the efforts of the TA Music combo she kicked back, and she has all the right on Earth for this. Unfortunately, with her typical lack of sensibility, she hit the person who is to blame the least for that.

As for the Volkova project in particular: Yulya's part in recording the album seems to be done (there were hints in a Russian yellow press article) and the video to her first single in Malibu is probably shot too (Yulya's last trip to USA, which she hardly could await the last several weeks, as she told).

All those people mocking at her voice: I blame this simply on your malevolence. Yulya has proved numerous times that she can handle her problems most of the time. A hoarse voice isn't a big problem nowadays, a simple noise filter does wonders here. The sometimes occurring short failure of the vocal chords, when strained too much, may be a bigger problem, not good for a clean licked fairy pop act, but she won't do that crap, so she may work around quite well on her live performances, if she has smart ideas for such incidents.

The lips - the number one drama for people who have nothing else to say: there is a big fashion in Russia for those things and unfortunately Yulya didn't want to stay behind. I blame it on her sex-rock project for which she wanted to look more sexy. Obviously things went wrong, her body resists to this malefaction and she got edemas and inflammations. That makes the lips so big. Currently she has too much work to do to fix them, but I'm sure you'll see her with better looks in the near future and then you have to find other subjects for your spitefulness.

Back to Lena and her project. As already told, Renskij has no concept, the musicians, so good they are on their instruments, they are not the best in composing songs, not to mention in creating good lyrics. I see one song good enough as an album song, two others which could be pepped up to make fillers, the rest isn't worth any further work or even performance.

What I really see great, is the new version of 'Craving' - I adore it. 'Fly On The Wall', stripped off the horrible Timbaland sound, is now good for me too. The other tatu songs are of course something which can't fail. As Aileen already told - the anthems of tatu , NGGU, ATTSS, those songs should be performed by no means. Lena, the person who most of all regrets their former image, makes herself unbelievable and the aim to exploit (old!!!) tatu's image for her empty project is so obvious that it can only do damage.

What the project needs, I told it already on tatu.ru - Lena has to create her own image. Nobody can do it for her. The people around her are not competent at all for this. To be a star you don't have to be yourself, you have to create yourself, and it doesn't necessarily have much to do with your current self, more with your inner self, your desires, your own dream figure.

But Lena doesn't take the reins in her own hands and lets others decide , she does what others tell her, and she completely neglects her own wishes and needs just to please other people. In that respect my quote from above that she should have said: "Volkova, shut up!" would have given birth to Lena Katina, her own Lena Katina, not the one of mom, Renskij or the strange leftovers from the former tatu community. As long as she doesn't push away the people around her with her ellbows, jumps on a pedestal and shouts: "I am Lena Katina and I do what I like!", as long as she doesn't have this courage, the project will remain brain dead. From the moment she forms her own self the creative people in her team (Lena included), if there are some, will have a much better comprehension of the project and therefore can way better feel, create and produce, what's needed for a project with prospect. But so far the whole thing remains random and meaningless, from head to toe.

Finally quite a frustrated remark at the whole tatu community which zombies around here on the forums. It's very disturbing for me to see so many people (young people, that's even worse!) here to worship exaggerated politeness and considerateness, housewife mentality, submission and self-denial. How come that you became tatu-fans? Did you ever think about the meaning of the tatu project? Is there no more star at the Disney front to worship that you come here to annoy people with your moral hooliganism?