View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 03:16   #77
Nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Adruz- View Post
We speak Castillian Spanish, but we don't pronounce the "Z" as the Spanish people do
Historically, "Castellano" refers to the language of Castilla, the Old Kingdom of Spain. After the Spanish language was brought over when much of Central and South America was conquered by the Spanish, obviously, the language evolved differently in every region. Technically, "Castellano" would refer the "Spanish" spoken in Spain since that's were the Old Kingdom was. Many countries in South America, especially the southern half, decided to adopt the term "castellano" for their language because calling it "español" would be too much of a link between them and their former Spanish conquerors.

I know that Argentina and Uruguay (I can't remember the others) call the language they speak "castellano," but technically, it isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy_Lee_Rocks View Post
Well from my point of view, Russian isnt hard to pronounce..
Easy to read & Pronounce.
Russian and Spanish (well, the Romance languages in general) are more similar than I thought they'd be. Pronunciation shouldn't be hard for Spanish-speakers. My Russian teacher, Natalia Myshkina (haha), once told me I had a charming accent.

Last edited by itsme22; 01-05-2007 at 03:28.