View Single Post
Old 18-04-2007, 05:57   #96
Gaga ftw!

Send a message via AIM to Khartoun2004 Send a message via MSN to Khartoun2004 Send a message via Skype™ to Khartoun2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyubittu View Post
What would you propose for better gun control?
For starters, did you know that to buy a shotgun all you have to be is 18 and they don't run background checks? You can just walk into a walmart or anyother sporting good store and buy one.

Secondly, I think people with children in their homes should not be allowed to have guns period. Have you ever seen the statistics on the number of children that die every year in this country because of gun related accidents in their homes? It's disgusting.

Thirdly, to hell with the second amendment when it comes to guns and the general population. The whole point of the second amendment was to ensure we would have a standing militia incase the Brits decided to attack us again (which they did in 1812 ). We now have the National Guard and Coast Guard which took the place of our informal militia, so guns owned by ordinary Americans is really totally unnecessary, in my opinion. The law should be changed so that only people with clean criminal records and Military or Police training are allowed to buy and keep pistols and semi-automatics.

I also think at the very least it should be illegal to keep live ammunition in the home and people should have to get licences to buy it. If your going hunting buy the ammunition on your way to the forest and only enough for that hunting session. Of course that would be nearly impossible to enforce.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Yeah, cause you're my rock star in between the sets
Eyeliner and cigarettes