View Single Post
Old 27-04-2006, 19:58   #16
The Dream is Over, :~(

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie
But those really shouldn't be offended at this thread, since it's exposing only one side of christian dogma. The side which themselves more than likely don't feel comfortable with either. I still claim the text jabs blind faith rather than one's own personal beliefs.
But therein lies the problem, the joke doesn't make any distinction between the hypocrites and the genuine believers; the Bible is false so everybody who follows it are duped into becoming shrewd people looking out for themselves.

ETA:
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie
But trust me on this one... Lux's thread closing was not in any way connected to any male interest groups expressing discontent. It was more to do with the fact that it was redundant and not on an appropriate discussion level. It had absolutely no potential to evolve into an interesting debate. It did have a huge potential though to evolve into a flame war... and I don't think any males would be involved in the flaming, to tell you the truth.
Oh, I'm not saying the Lux's thread was unfairly locked because of some male-insecurity driven agenda or anything, or that it was unfairly locked at all. It's just that because there are enough males on this site for people to consider and that if any had a problem with it their disapproval would be heard and would carry more weight. Whereas, madeldoe is the only open Christian on site and so her disapproval wouldn't be as heard nor would it carry as much weight seeing as most of us (myself included) have a particular distrust towards religion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel
PowerPuff Grrl, so if the thread name was changed and the comment at the end was removed would it be different or not?
The only difference it has made is that it now includes the entire Judeo-Christian-Islamic axis; that's quite a feat there!

Last edited by PowerPuff Grrl; 27-04-2006 at 20:11.