View Single Post
Old 01-04-2006, 21:46   #6
My Waking Hour

Post your playlists (Part 2)

hmm, I opened a new playlist thread as the last one seems to be inaccesible. If I'm incorrect, can I ask one of the mods to move my post to the previous thread? Thanks.

I'd like to recommend a couple of pop albums I've been listening to lately:

1) Nathalie Cardone - Nathalie Cardone

This album was released in 1997 - if I'm not mistaken - and did well in the French charts.
It features the European hit Hasta Siempre ( a remake of the "Che Guevarra" song ).
Cardone is bilingual, so the album offers songs in both French and Spanish - and a bit of English too. The French songs are great - Mon Ange, in particular which reached number 2 hit in France - but the Spanish tracks are totally awesome. Music is written by Laurent Boutonnat ( of Mylene Farmer/Alizee fame ) He also directed most of Cardone's videos. In fact I think that Laurent with Cardone somehow bridges the gap between Mylene and Alizee. The track "Antonio" features words by the legendary gay poet Federico Garcia Lorca.
I've uploaded two of my favourite tracks from the album ( left click to listen, right to save )

Libre

Baila Si

2) Alex Parks - Honesty

This is Alex's second album, released - in much less pomp that the previous one - in autumn 2005. It's a wonderful album, the production is superb and accentuates Alex's fantastic voice. The songs are a departure from what she's done before touching the sensibility of the best contemporary pop ( see Coldplay, Keane etc. ) but there's room for improvement in the furture. Alex has co-written all tracks. I've uploaded 2 tracks to check out, the ballad "Out of Touch" and the mid-tempo "Get Out"

Out Of Touch

Get Out

Thanks and happy listening.

Last edited by spyretto; 01-04-2006 at 21:57.