View Single Post
Old 03-02-2006, 19:18   #63
The Dream is Over, :~(

I always used to think that people who diss Mickey D's were classist bastards. In Canada, or at least in Ottawa, most of the Mickey D's were renovated to adopt the "Subway" and "Mr. Sub" (another franchise restaurant, relatively healthier) style of serving food; everything is prepared in front of you.
McDonald's is junk. I go there once in a while expecting junk food and nothing more. Plus the food is mothafucking exquisite!

That is until I went to Milwaukee (DO NOT GO THERE!!!). Compared to that, McDonald's in Canada is practically gourmet food, let's just leave it at that. And Americans don't even have the Big Xtra, you guys don't know what you're missing!

But enough about fast food. I usually frequent Vietnamese, Thai, and Ethiopian restaurants. Of the three Vietnamese is my absolute favourite! Particularly the Beef Noodle Soup and Cha Gio (sp?) eggrolls.

I actually don't like going to Ethiopian restaurants only because I hate paying for things I can always get at home. However, somebody needs to teach my friends how eat East African food and that person is me (they eat with two hands, it's sooo cute!). As for my favourite dishes in Ethiopian/Eritrean is, of course, Sebhe (seb-hee), other honourable mentions would be Behrsin and Sherho all of which are served on Injera, I honestly don't know how to spell these in English.

On the whole coffee/cappuccino thing; I just have regular coffee mostly at Tim Hortons ("medium double-double, please" Canadian reference). If not that then I'd have it Eritrea/Ethiopian style ("Bun" for Eritreans and Buna for Ethiopians) but really I think there's no difference.