View Single Post
Old 08-09-2005, 19:02   #91
Участник

Quote:
The fact that they didn't do shit when they got a warning about the hurricane is pretty stupid. I know I'd be running the fuck out of there as soon as possible. Still, natural catastrophes are always horrible, but we can only blame ourselves when we know of the risks.
Quote:
They live in a state they KNOW is below sea level and even though there was warning of a hurricane coming they just sat on their butts and didn't move. Yeah, they're poor, I know. But have they never heard of walking? There was a lot of advance warning for the hurricane, if they had actually started moving as soon as the warnings started to come maybe they would be in a safe place right now.
Those statements are pretty sweeping, darje. I don't see any provisos that they were only condemning some of the people who were stuck in the path of the hurricane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darje
I wish people would stop assuming we're out to have the heads of the hurricane victims just because we're not american ourselves.
I certainly don't assume that everyone who's not American is anti-American. I'm not American either.