View Single Post
Old 05-09-2005, 01:01   #63
Caterfly's

Send a message via AIM to Bitty2002
I am not saying I am better than. Certain people are basically saying the US is worse than. Why doesn't any get this? Because you all agree? Well, fine, think the US sucks, I do too. But my POINT, which maybe one day will be understood, is that just because the US has its faults, bad policy, crappy president, or because the people in NO didn't walk 100 miles to safety, does not mean that those people are somehow deserving of what happened to them or that the suffering they are now experiencing is warranted and to be ignored.

And you all say, I wasn't saying they were deserving, what were you saying then? When you say, they should have gotten out...what follows that reasoning? Since they didn't get out, what? They are to blame for their own misery? Then what? What are you saying? Because they are to blame, I feel no obligation to care or help?

I find that callous reasoning, but think what you will. However, to think that the US maybe should have tragedy befall it so that it can experience the pain other countries feel, that is horrible philosophy, I am sorry. Feel free to disagree.

And I also hope people realizing that I do not think the US is the center of the universe and that a tragedy here is somehow worse. I am not comparing tragedies. I hurt for the people in China who were hit by a typhoon the other day. I hurt for the people in Mexico. There is no comparison, pain is pain. I am not expecting people to show sympathy or compassion for US more so than any compassion they would show for any suffering.

Quote:
actually its flipped flopped. most african americans are christian/catholic, and although they may not be exclusively republican, they agreed with many of Bush's policies [which was based on his religion] which is what won the election. The election was not tampered. Bush won it clean and fair both times.
And you are positive it wasn't tampered how? I am just curious how you know this? I have ample reason to think it was. How do you know it wasn't? You state it as fact.

Quote:
WASHINGTON -- March 31 -- Officially, President Bush won November's election by 2.5%, yet exit polls showed Kerry winning by 3%[1]. According to a report to be released today by a group of university statisticians, the odds of a discrepancy this large between the national exit poll and election results happening by accident are close to 1 in a million.
In other words, by random chance alone, it could not have happened. But it did.
Two alternatives remain. Either something was wrong with the exit polling, or something was wrong with the vote count.
Exit polls have been used to verify the integrity of elections in the Ukraine, in Latin America, in Germany, and elsewhere. Yet in November 2004, the U.S. exit poll discrepancy was much more than normal exit poll error (and similar to that of the invalid Ukraine election.
I'm not the only one who finds the 2004 election, and 2000 for that matter, suspect: http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/2004votefraud.html

As for black people supporting Bush, Bush only got %16 of the Black vote. Bush got 51% of the American vote. Wow, a huge landslide. that means half of the US didn't support Bush. That isn't even counting the countless numbers who didn't vote, because what's the fucking point when both options suck ass? You know, we have two people to choose from. Two people. I hated both my choices. What are you supposed to do? Even if the majority of black people voted for Bush, what does that matter? Because of their affiliation, because they are conservative and Bush was the only conservative representative, these people are somehow less than? Because they support him, they maybe need to feel some of the pain their support of Bush has brought upon other nations? Is that really what people think? Cause if not, what exactly are people trying to say here?

I don't think people are seeing the issue. No one is arguing that the US has corruption. No one is arguing that the war is a good thing. No one is arguing that Bush sucks. No one is arguing that FEMA should not have been given more money. No one is arguing that NO should have been better prepared for this.

The point is that is wasn't. Why blame the people hurt by this ineptness? Or hell, to think that this same inept government is capable of handling it, thus you don’t need to show your support? And let me reiterate that I am not talking money. I am not even saying people should show support. But do not show hatred or insensitivity in the face of such tragedy. People's lives were lost. I do not want to read, while wondering if my loved one is alive, how he/she brought it upon him/herself, and how maybe we need to feel this pain. That is heartless. Even if you think you are fully justified, have a heart and shut your mouth. Wait for a better time than in the wake of death and sadness. Is civility too much to ask for?

Last edited by Bitty2002; 05-09-2005 at 01:11.