View Single Post
Old 03-09-2005, 22:40   #39
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitty2002
I am not saying you said all of those things above. I was responding to the general feel. But I do know how you feel about the US, and do know there was some underlying feelings there. I just didn't want to read ANYTHING remotely like what some of these people have said to come from your mouth. It hurt. At that moment, you were one of them. I was mad and disappointed Freddie, sorry. EDIT: all be honest, I misread you a bit. I was emotional, still am.
Yeah but you see... those underlying feelings might they exist or not have absolutely NOTHING in common with this thing that happened. At least with me. It's a natural disaster, which is by default removed from any kind of politic agenda. When it comes to hurt and suffering people are people. No Americans, Europeans, Orientals or whatever. And I think most of the people contributing to this thread feel the same, you know? All they really criticized was the inability of people to retreat on time (I gave my explanation why they didn't anyway). No one said they deserve this cause they're american.

EDIT:

Kanye West... well... that was a bit rash. It probably has some more to do with the social status of these people, rather than race. There are many poor people living in these regions. If it is an issue, I don't think it's strickly a racial one.
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Last edited by freddie; 04-09-2005 at 03:49.