Thread: Rasputin
View Single Post
Old 16-03-2003, 05:01   #15
Участник

thegurgi, It seems like you doubt what I have said above.

Trust me- I had very personal connection with this whole story and can positively say- THERE IS NO QUESTION as to the identity of the bodies.
I've read almost everything there is on the subject, including famous book by Sokolov (the first investigator) written in Berlin just a few years after the murder.

Quote:
Originally posted by thegurgi

I've read 2 books that document that the DNA testing may not have been conducted correctly.

Which books are you talking about?
None of the serious authors questions DNA testing. There's been 2 separate tests conducted (one in UK by dr.Perer Gill at the British Home Office"s Forensic Science Center,another one by dr.King in US) both established 99.96% match to the living relatives of the Imperial family.

This is on top of the fact that: Age- relation-general composition of the bodies found match precisely that of the murdered Royals and their servants with the only exception- 2 bodies are missing.
The only remaining question: who's body is amiss- Anastasia's or Maria's? (The other one is without a doubt that of a Heir, Alexey)
Additional tests been done -so called "computerized juxtaposition" i.e. comparison of the skulls with the photos of Imperial family- all 100% match.

And in conclusion:
Name of the Great Duke you mention is Dmitry, he was Emperor's cousin and got exiled as a result of participation in the Rasputin murder,( which by the way saved his life)...
Llived in the States after the Revolution, married rich American girl, Audrey Emery.