View Single Post
Old 24-05-2005, 22:53   #3
iMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ypsidan04
What does this tell us? That gay men like men and not women. Talk about a news flash!
Don't be so sarcastic, they're trying to analyze the chemical process involved with physical attraction, something that remains to be understood and demonstrated, our knowledge of human pheromones still being very limited.

It's not because something is obvious that science shouldn't try to understand how it works. With that kind of attitude many scientific fields would have never been explored, when Newton discovered gravity, he could have said "Yeah, things fall on the ground, talk about news".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ypsidan04
Sorry, I don't think this is news. When they prove the existence of a "gay gene", that will be noteworthy.
There is no gay gene, which is why most serious scientific research is now working on hormones to try to understand sexual orientation.

Those studies tend to prove that sexual orientation is an innate attribute rather than a choice, which in my opinion is a very good thing as it will help people and societies to accept various sexual orientations, and i welcome any research going in that direction, no matter how 'obvious' they may seem.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]