View Single Post
Old 03-04-2005, 09:32   #16
Участник

Send a message via ICQ to nath Send a message via MSN to nath Send a message via Skype™ to nath
Quote:
Originally Posted by forre
I think Pope did a good job if to consider on what side he was standing. Popes are the most influential people on this planet, so if to consider the ammount of resposibility and pressure it was put on him, he did it just fine.
I can't be really sad that a man died of aging. It's natural and sooner or later we all be there..
I absolutely agree with this comment. Personnally I liked this man cause before Popes were kind of inaccessible mommies living in Vatican . Pope Jean-Paul II tried to travell a lot to share his Faith and carried with him a lot of warm feelings..He tried to be very active....I think his position about East countries was very courageous too, even if he was involved in this subject by his own story.

The evolution of the Christian Church is another story , i agree it doesn't follow the evolution of society about such delicate subject as AIDS and so on...but I keep respect for this man. I always liked him very much.

Last edited by nath; 03-04-2005 at 14:59.