View Single Post
Old 16-11-2004, 23:48   #2
a kind of fresh madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Cream
I have real issues with rappers. Why do many rappers (who are predominantly black), who have traditionally been victims of discrimination themselves for their colour support discrimination towards others? I think they have some kind of belief that they need some "other" to be less than them. And unfortunately it's homosexuals
And no, I'm not racist, I hate every homophobic of every colour in the world equally LOL
Sorry I know I went off topic etc, but I just had to say that
You've no need to apologise. I'm glad someone finally had the guts to say it.
It has been said that homophobia is the last accepted predudice. It's perfectly acceptable to make jokes and slurs at the expense of gay people, but God help you if you dare say one thing against black people! Eminem himself is a perfect example of this. He's been making vile homophobic comments for years and very few people (besides gay activist groups) have spoken out against him. But the very moment it emerges that he made a couple of remarks against black women on one of his early demo tapes the whole media, both in America and Europe, is on his back and forcing him to make a public apology!
It's 'Affirmative Action' gone crazy. Black comedians make jokes about white people all the time. But if a white comic makes jokes about black people he's labelled a "racist" (although in most instances - *cough* Jim Davidson *cough* Bernard Manning - that probably is the case). And consider the MOBO (Music Of Black Origin) Awards - it's all about pride and esteem. But if we were to have a MOWO Awards it would be classed as racism.
If I called someone a "n#gger" (not that I ever would do such a thing) I'd be treated like an outcast for the rest of my natural life. Yet I walk around town every day and hear the terms "gay", "fag", "queer", "homo" etc etc used as insults and slurs and noone bats an eye. But what happens if I speak out against such things? I get laughed at.
It's a sad, sad situation. And it's a situation that I don't see changing for a very long time.

I should also state, as Rachel did, that I am no racist in any way or form. I just see a hell of a lot of hypocracy going on when it comes to what is and what isn't acceptable in society these days.
I also think it sucks that I should feel obliged to reaffirm that I'm not a racist for fear of people taking my perfectly understandable viewpoint in entirely the wrong context.

OK, rant over.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
or is it just to humour us before we die?