View Single Post
Old 27-02-2004, 18:30   #227
Don't dream it, be it!

I agree with convol. I've never seen Yulia as stupid. Although Lena seems to be the more conventionally clever and intellectual of the two, I believe that Yulia seems to be very smart about people and the subtext of situations. From what I saw of the media stuff they did in the US and the UK (and I saw most of it) she seemed to read the situation very well most of the time and consistently made monkeys out of the interviewers they had to face, in spite of her limited English ability. She also strikes me as somebody who doesn't suffer fools gladly. I think that that's why she sometimes comes across as obnoxious and rude.

As to the trivial Singapore being an English speaking country - well, I'm 32, British, have a first-class degree (so if you want to see having diplomas and degrees as a mark of intelligence, then I am very intelligent) and it was not immediately obvious to me that Singapore would be an English-speaking country.

And sunny poison, I hope it hasn't been too boring or trying for you to type out these lengthy reports on the reality show. You really are very kind to be doing this for us. How come your English is so good?

Last edited by transcend; 27-02-2004 at 18:45.