View Single Post
Old 02-02-2004, 22:40   #105
My Waking Hour

Are we not saying the same thing?
I thought the album was made after the success of their video/single, but in any case, there was decent material written about it already - if you exclude the two singles. So, basically, they cannot continue as a proper group as long as the girls themselves don't put any effort on the project. The only way to continue as a group would be to establish a longtime partnership with a songwriter who would work exclusively for them. That could have been Shapovalov but we have established again that he can't do it.

So where do they go from here?

...another solution would be for them to take a break for Ivan to go into rehab and then re-establish his relationships with the previous writers? That's the only way I can see Tatu developing as a group.
Yet the most likely thing is that they wll release the stuff they've got as is to avoid litigation from the record company, unless they call it quits and then they wouldn't release anything. Yulia is almost out of it anyway; Any way you see it, the fact is that her voice is damaged - that explains her mood swings as well - and I'm not sure for how long she can continue like that. Without Yulia there's no Tatu, so they'd have to continue as something else.
I hope they can find a solution with all their problems but it seems highly unlikely.

Last edited by spyretto; 02-02-2004 at 22:54.