View Single Post
Old 02-01-2004, 07:33   #37
Yearning

Send a message via AIM to dare2dream28 Send a message via MSN to dare2dream28
Chapter 6

Once Lena’s eyes focused after waking up the next morning, she had to laugh at the site in front of her. Yulia’s spiked hair had somehow during the night morphed to look like she had two devil horns. So fitting Lena thought as she continued to laugh softly.

“What are you laughing at?” Yulia asked groggily.

“Your hair is trying to tell me something.” Lena commented.

“Aren’t you the comedienne? At least I can contain my hair. I bet you let birds nest in that monstrous afro, don’t you? That way you can always have something to talk to.” Yulia said. She was not exactly a morning person.

At Yulia’s last comment, Lena visibly flinched and got ready to leave the tent. Seeing Lena’s hurt expression, Yulia actually felt bad for being so harsh.

“I’m sorry. I had no right to say that. I mean, I barely even know you. It’s just that I’m not exactly the friendliest person in the morning.” Yulia apologized.

“Don’t worry about it. Come on. We need to pack up and get a move on.” Lena said as she rolled up her sleeping bag.

“So what’s for breakfast?” Yulia asked, trying to change the subject.

Deciding to have some fun with Yulia, Lena said “You tell me. You’re the one that has the food.”

“*I* have the food? I thought *you* had the food!” Yulia said as her eyes got the size of saucers.

Lena put on a shocked face and said, “What do you mean *I* have the food?! I put F-O-O-D, in capital letters on the list I gave you! You were supposed to bring the food!”

“Oh my gosh! We have no food! We’re stuck in the middle of no where and we have no food?! We’re going to die! We’re going to die! We’re goi---Owww! What was that?” Yulia said as something bounced off her chest.

There lying on the ground was a strawberry breakfast bar.

Lena couldn’t help herself and began to laugh as she saw the recognition of food come over Yulia’s face.

“Like I would leave you in charge of something as important as food.” Lena said.

“You’re going to pay for that Katina. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but I *will* get you back for that.” Yulia said.

As they were packing up camp, Yulia heard Lena humming a catchy tune.

“What are you humming?” Yulia inquired.

“It’s ‘That Don’t Impress Me Much’ by Shania. It’s from her Come On Over CD.” Lena said proudly.

“What is it about her that you like so much anyway?” Yulia asked.

“It’s hard to explain. I’ve looked up to her since I was young so I’ve basically grown up with her music. Her music has always been there for me to turn to when I couldn’t rely on anyone else. Her life story is amazing. No matter what life dealt her, she never let it get her down and she overcame any obstacle put in front of her. She’s just the best role model I could have.” Lena said with a far off look in her eye. Lena’s eyes suddenly lit up and she added, “You know, she would’ve become a veterinarian if she wasn’t a singer.”

“Oh yeah? Do you want to be a vet?” Yulia said.

“No way. I love animals and all, but I can’t stand to see them in surgery.” Lena answered.

“So the big tuff Lena isn’t so tuff after all.” Yulia teased.

“Hey. I’m not the one who’s scared of spiders.” Lena said.

“Who said I’m afraid of spiders?” Yulia asked, confused.

“Well I guess we’re about to find out now, aren’t we? Look on your shoulder.” Lena said with an evil glint in her eye.

“Very funny. I’m not going to fall for that. How stupid do you thi--” Yulia stopped mid sentence as she felt something crawl up her neck.

Yulia started to jump up and down, frantically trying to brush the spider off her neck. “GET IT OFF, GET IT OFF, GET IT OFF!!!!!!” Yulia screamed as she was still flaying her arms wildly in the air. “LENA THIS ISN’T FUNNY!!”

Lena was beyond words right now. She was laughing so hard that tears were coming out of her eyes. Why didn’t I bring a video camera? She thought as she made her way towards Yulia.

“Stay still for a second.” Lena managed to say in between her laughter.

Lena gently put one hand on Yulia’s neck as she used her other hand to slowly guide the spider off of Yulia. Once the spider was safely on the ground, Lena commented, “You know, I think I’ll like having you around. You’re good for one heck of a laugh.”

“I’m glad I could provide you with so much enjoyment.” Yulia said through clenched teeth as she put on her backpack. I’m going to get her back for this. I’m going to get her good.
~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.myspace.com/dare2dream28 I DARE you to click it. ;)

Thanks to room4602 at the Spashley forum for my avatar. :)