Thread: Any fans left?
View Single Post
Old 18-12-2003, 16:45   #78
My Waking Hour

Shap wanted to make an underage sex project, not an underage lesbian project. He's not telling us what was the impetus that engendered the latter. It may have been someone else, perhaps Kiper? Kiper seemed a lot more sensitive about the whole thing in recent interviews.
Another speculation: Shap says that he saw something in their relationship and decided to develop it further. I trust that. Why? Because, unlike the girls, Mr Shap didn't lie about anything. He was acting as the voice of discord all the while, discrediting himself, whereas Tatu were reassuring everybody of their feelings. Afterwards things became a little blurry, I presume Tatu came to a point where they wanted to have a personal life, boyfriends, etc. They also entered the stage of legal adulthood. They had new contracts. They would keep it up for as long as they wanted to and as long as it was meaningful. But their underage lesbian personas and the project Tatu in its former state had run its full circle.
About the documentary: Somebody said that it is possible that Shap may have planned the whole thing from the beginning. And why not? They hired Mansky, they decided to show their real selves to him and in turn to the public. The whole thing seems orchestrated by the same people who brought us the project Tatu..
I don't know what they have in mind. It's a make it or break it situation. Perhaps Shapovalov has something else in store for us, perhaps he hasn't. Perhaps they'll go on for another album as a normal band, or Shap will present us another ingenious idea. Giving the cirmumstances I'm not optimistic but we'll see.

Yes, it's the end of the depression era I expect the tabloids to have a field day about this, and what better timing now that in the West, Tatu are gravitating from the "waning" to the "forgotten"

Lets watch this space, speculations are as ripe as before...

I like the fact that they've started singing live, perhaps it is the shape of things to come? See, I'm not all that pessimistic

Last edited by spyretto; 18-12-2003 at 16:55.