View Single Post
Old 07-11-2003, 17:27   #13
Losing it!

Quote:
I know that my body is going to be tender/sore after this weekend.
LOL. 6-Srep is a very basic move. Unless you're practicing it for 12 hrs straight, I don't think youЎ'll be in any pain. But your getting the right idea. Breakdancing is basicly a workout. YouЎ'll understand next week.
Quote:
I have one question: When you do breakdancing you need some muscles, right?
This is a common misconception about Breakers. Yea, muscles help, but you donЎ't realy need them. If you look at a lot of the moves in the BOTY clip you will see that it's more about balance! Balance is key in almost every power move.
Quote:
I know that the right tecnique is important but I think it`s not enough, you need also strength.
Your half right. The right technique is important but you need your balance and good coordination more than you need strength.
Quote:
So my question is, how do you develop your muscles? Do you have any particular ways to do that? Or do you just practise those moves and that`s all?
Well, I personally only have one exercise that I use to build up my upper body. I place my feet on a high chair, you can use anything, and hold the position for as long as I can. Each time I hold it longer than the last. If you do this easy exercise along with breakin your arms and abs will be cut!! Mind you, this will hurt more than 6-Step. Don't forget to strech before and after everything you do.