View Single Post
Old 12-10-2003, 18:58   #49
My Waking Hour

Nipon is ѓjѓbѓ|ѓ“ ( but you got it already, didn't you )

when you say you need popular songs from these countries, what kind of songs and how many songs? Folk songs or pop songs? Recent hits or older hits?
About Italians: There are Italians who are doing quite well all over Europe, some of them release Spanish and English versions of their songs and top the charts of those countries. Haven't you heard of Eros Ramazotti, Nek, Laura Pausini, Tiziano Ferro etc. There's always Pavarotti, of course

oh, and Greece in Greek is Ελλάδα ( try the Greek encoding to see it. ) Antique is like that, don't have to change it. About Polish songs, I've no idea - you can try that Eurovision song There should be something famous from Poland but can't think of anything right now.

From China and HK I like those pop ballads and Faye Wong is quite popular there and my favourite one. ( still ) There are some other new ones, I'm not sure whether Karen Mok is Chinese or from HK. Mavis Hee is from Taiwan ( I think )
Jackie Cheung is also quite popular. But that's mostly in HK. I'm not absolutely sure about mainland China but I'll ask around .

Is that any helpful ?

for Latvia why not try Marija Naumova or Brainstorm who were at the ESC? I'd be surprised if there's something more popular there.

edit: sorry I just saw coolasfcuk posting there.
You can also try India , that Panjabi MC dude ( though he's British-born really )

Last edited by spyretto; 12-10-2003 at 19:43.