View Single Post
Old 07-10-2003, 23:48   #31
ex-sunnich

Send a message via ICQ to la aurora Send a message via MSN to la aurora
So, ur first exercise part 1 (hope U don't mind me posting it here. If U do, just tell me and I'll do it with PM next time, k?):

No general mistakes. Congratulations! But there's still some space for improvement.
First of all U need to be more attentive with this a/o thing. When 'o' isn't stressed, it should sound like 'a'. It's just this damn 'akan'ye' thing. In some regions of Russia like Vologda, they have 'okan'ye'. That means they pronounce 'o' any time 'o' is written. But moscovites (and most of other russians) aren't looking for easy ways (as we say here ), so they prefere to pronaunce 'a' instead of 'o' and then break their minds thinking how this or that word should be really written. lol! So, U'd better make unstressed O's in words like продолжаем, простые, продолженья and вопросы sound more like 'a'. Just pretend it's written прадалжаем, прастые, прадалженья and вапросы (attention! wrong spelling by purpose). Ur 'o' in the end of the word просто is perfect, girl.
Now consonants. Thanks god, U don't make the common for foreigners mistake - making consonant before letter ы soft. That's really good (heh... but are are bulgarian, U have this damn sound as well, right? ) U also pronaunce most of consonats right. Just give a bit of ur attention to 'ж' (it should sound firmer. It's never soft, remember?) Ur 'р' isn't clear enough in the first 2 lines but perfect in the next 2. May be it's coz of that little mistake with a/o wich makes the word a bit more difficult to pronaunce. Л should sound a bit more clear as well (may be it happens for the same reason as with 'р'). Sound 'j' should be more clear in combinations like 'нья'.
But these things aren't really important. I mentioned them ONLY coz U were so close to perfection *applause*
part 2:
I understood ur doubts with this плохи word. U so much wanted to make it sound like familar to U плохие. So U put the stress in the wrong place. It's 'o' that should be stressed in this case. Not 'и'. All other is correct.