Unofficial forum of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU (http://forum.tatysite.net/index.php)
-   Politics and Science (http://forum.tatysite.net/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Al-Zarqawi dead (http://forum.tatysite.net/showthread.php?t=10493)

freddie 08-06-2006 22:39

Al-Zarqawi dead

Since no one bothered to make a thread about it, I might as well do it.

Abu Musab al-Zarqawi is dead! Jordanian extremist, the leader of the Iraq section of Al Qaeda or as they are officially called Al Quaeda Mesopotamia. Betrayed by his own men from the inside of Al Qaeda, who reported his position to the infidels... I mean Americans. :p

I like what father of Nick Berg (the guy who was decapitated on camera presumably by al-Zarqawi himself) had to say: he said he'll never rejoice over a death of another human being. According to him his death will only spawn thousands of more attacks as a consequence, as al-Qaeda tries to prove they're not yet beaten in the slightest. Noble man, I must say. Mr. Bush didn't fail his regular rhetoric though and labeled al-Zarqawi's death as "a tremendous achievement".

So what're your thoughts on it? Will it stop the wave of insurgency in Iraq? Or is bearded Abu just a tip of the ice-berg with 300 bearded generals waiting to take his place?

Rachel 08-06-2006 22:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by freddie
According to him his death will only spawn thousands of more attacks as a consequence, as al-Qaeda tries to prove they're not yet beaten in the slightest.

Totally agree there. It's a never-ending circle. Of course they are gonna want their revenge. It just gives them an excuse.

Quote:

Or is bearded Abu just a tip of the ice-berg with 300 bearded generals waiting to take his place?

Yep, another guy will take his place for sure. If anyone thinks this is really gonna make a difference they are seriously dillusioned.

Argos 08-06-2006 23:20

It's a great set-back for the muslim extremists, and they will have much work to fill the gap. But the threat will not stop unless the many problems of the middle east and between the west and the islamic world as a whole are not solved, there will not be easing of tensions. Extremists are minorities in muslim societies. They have to be defeated by their own brothers of faith. Dialogue with moderate muslim clericals is the only way to achieve peace between our cultures and it will be a long way and it doesn't make any difference how many extremist leaders are killed.

dradeel 09-06-2006 13:06

Death of single persons never stops a movement - not a civil rights movement nor a terrorist movement. But yes, it's a set-back, but not a major one. I'd rather call it a minor set-back. The war on terrorism has surely weakened terrorist organization around the world, but still they've been able to cause mayhem in both Madrid and London. And sadly enough we'll probably see more :(

nath 16-06-2006 21:40

Quote:

Will it stop the wave of insurgency in Iraq?

No. Just his death won't.
But is it a reason to do nothing agaisnt this kind of people that some persons could call "heros" and some other persons could call "manipulators who really don't give a sh**t about the Iracqis and about any kind of peace nor freedom but who just want to manage their own expansionist political ambitions in using terror"?