Unofficial forum of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU (http://forum.tatysite.net/index.php)
-   Questions to the Moderators (http://forum.tatysite.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   New Version Of The Forum 3.7 (remarks and comments) (http://forum.tatysite.net/showthread.php?t=12019)

Argos 18-08-2008 16:01

New Version Of The Forum 3.7 (remarks and comments)

Igor has posted an announcement about the new forum features.

Translation:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Igor (Post 362455)
The forum has been updated to a new version. Bugs have been corrected and new features have been added.

What's new?
  • Spam protection has been improved. Even if a spam robot could get through, then now there is the possibility to remove both spammer and his posts with one click.
  • Threads have been given a tag-option in prospect to make it easier for searching.
  • You can give threads prefixes. For example, music topics can have a prefix "(mp3)". Until now such features could not be used.
  • Users can register each other as friends.
  • In the user profile it's possible to leave public messages of complementing character.
  • Users can create their own photo-albums and put there their photographs. Place your personal photos and share them with the participants of the forum.
  • Users can create interest groups. "Lena Katina Lovers", "Yulya Volkova Lovers", "QueenBee Lovers", "Management Defenders", whatever pleases.
  • Lots of other minor things.
Don't be shy to make use of the new capabilities of the forum.
Leave your comments and remarks. This allows us to install new functions according to our needs.

Ok, your turn!

QueenBee 18-08-2008 18:55

Quote:

Users can create interest groups. "Lena Katina Lovers", "Yulya Volkova Lovers", "QueenBee Lovers", "Management Defenders", whatever pleases.
Wow that's a fantastic idea! :D

I love you Igor :gigi:

TaTy_DuDe 19-08-2008 16:35

ooo! Another forum I go to just got upgrade a month or so ago :3
Tis amazing :D

little_polar_bear 19-08-2008 16:38

Thank you Igor and Argos for translating. Sounds great!!!

RowerB 19-08-2008 18:58

Thanks, Igor and thanks for the translation, Argos.

Quote:

Threads have been given a tag-option in prospect to make it easier for searching.
What exactly is a tag?

Also, I’m sure this has been answered many times before, but why are three letter words ignored by the search engine? It would make things easier if things like muz. mtv and ntv could be searched for.

Argos 19-08-2008 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by RowerB (Post 362528)
What exactly is a tag?

Keywords. You can give a thread some such tags, then it's easier to find what you look for in the search. Look down the page near the botton, above the Quick reply field. There you'll find tags for this thread.

RowerB 19-08-2008 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argos (Post 362531)
Keywords. You can give a thread some such tags, then it's easier to find what you look for in the search. Look down the page near the botton, above the Quick reply field. There you'll find tags for this thread.

Thanks. It doesn’t matter if I go round adding tags to threads, because other people could overwrite them with their own tags or delete them, is that correct?

Argos 19-08-2008 20:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by RowerB (Post 362534)
Thanks. It doesn’t matter if I go round adding tags to threads, because other people could overwrite them with their own tags or delete them, is that correct?

Not sure, I don't know whether you can do it.

If you go to 'edit tags' (at the far right of the 'tags' line). Can you then uncheck the existing tags?

Anyway, it's not bad if you can add keywords, if you think it helps people searching, and I don't think that members will overwrite just for the fun of it. And even if - there's always the possibility to fix.

Igor 19-08-2008 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by RowerB (Post 362534)

Why not?

Current Permissions:
Can Tag Own Threads - Yes
Can Tag Others' Threads - Yes
Can Delete Tags on Own Threads - Yes
Can Create Tags - Yes

I think you can delete only own tags. :)

RowerB 19-08-2008 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argos (Post 362535)
If you go to 'edit tags' (at the far right of the 'tags' line). Can you then uncheck the existing tags?

I see. I’ve given it a go and I can add a tag, but not alter the tags that are already there. I can delete the tag I added.

QueenBee 25-08-2008 00:52

Why is BB code "size" no longer allowed?

Amanda 25-08-2008 01:46

I love the new forum version! I wish the maximum size for pictures in albums was larger than 97.7 KB, but I understand if it can't be if many users upload photos. Also, I hate how it logs who visits a profile, I feel like a stalker LOL.

Joopy 25-08-2008 12:10

It doesn't really feel any different to me.

Igor 25-08-2008 14:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenBee (Post 362913)
Why is BB code "size" no longer allowed?

I turned off Size BBCode for signatures.
Font size of signatures less than font size of posts, because posts are more important.
Bad idea?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amanda (Post 362916)
I wish the maximum size for pictures in albums was larger than 97.7 KB, but I understand if it can't be if many users upload photos.

Current settings:
Album Picture Maximum Width - 600px
Album Picture Maximum Height - 600px
Album Picture Maximum File Size - 100kb

What settings do you prefer?

QueenBee 25-08-2008 16:23

Quote:

Font size of signatures less than font size of posts, because posts are more important.
Oooooh.

Quote:

Bad idea?
No, I like it. :) I wanted to make my signature text smaller because I thought it was the original size (same size as posts), but I see it's already small! :D
It's actually a great idea to have signatures smaller. I never thought of that before. Now it's easier to read the posts because all of the signature is small.

Slayer 25-08-2008 17:09

i was having a hard time browsing through the forum in the older version but now i more confused than ever LMAO!:D

Amanda 25-08-2008 20:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Igor (Post 362956)
Current settings:
Album Picture Maximum Width - 600px
Album Picture Maximum Height - 600px
Album Picture Maximum File Size - 100kb

What settings do you prefer?

The width and height settings are fine. I think the file size could be larger - perhaps 500KB.

Most of my PNG files are 200-400KB and the quality decreases drastically when it's reduced to 100KB for the albums.

I don't know if other people have the same problem - do you, guys?