Unofficial forum of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU (http://forum.tatysite.net/index.php)
-   General discussions (http://forum.tatysite.net/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Pink may be gay... (http://forum.tatysite.net/showthread.php?t=5588)

ypsidan04 19-10-2003 02:47

Quote:

Originally posted by girl_into_music
I feel angry that they mimmic Tatu...I like Tatu and I think the only girls who kiss on the stage should be only Tatu...
Quote:

Originally posted by ypsidan04
It's just a stupid rip-off of what Tatu did at the movie awards - As far as I'm concerned, L&Y are the only girls who should be kissing onstage, period.
As you can see by the above post that I made previously, I totally agree with you.

girl_into_music 19-10-2003 03:11

believe me , when we,russians, kiss, it is very much for a joke//o'maybe not, we are all over the place..we are just very romantic..

skye 19-10-2003 08:27

after tatu's appearance, many artists seem to become "brave" or just be "honest" :rolleyes:

Mossopp 19-10-2003 12:37

Simon and Miquita interviewed Pink on 'Popworld' this morning and they both seemed convinced that she's gay. Or "about to move in with Sandy Toksvig" as Simon put it. :laugh:
But then, since when was 'Popworld' ever serious about anything?
I agree that tATu have started a bandwagon rolling that just about every female star is trying to jump on. Holly Valance is very clearly trying for her own 'tATu moment' in her new video, but she was quite incredulous when asked about it. Apparently she "didn't realise she was flirting with lesbianism". Yeah right Holly! :rolleyes:
I wonder who'll be the next female singer to try this trick...?

taty994945 19-10-2003 13:50

i reckon its gonna be avril lavinge

Mossopp 19-10-2003 14:08

I think Avril is gay.
But I also think she doesn't want people to know about it. For that reason I doubt she'll be snogging any other females in public any time soon.

taty994945 19-10-2003 14:16

she always looks pissed off for some reason...sexually frustrated? :dknow:

skye 19-10-2003 14:28

Quote:

Originally posted by Mossopp

I agree that tATu have started a bandwagon rolling that just about every female star is trying to jump on. Holly Valance is very clearly trying for her own 'tATu moment' in her new video

tatu moment :confused: what do you mean :confused: she kissed a girl in her new video :conufsed: what is the name of the new video :p

Mossopp 19-10-2003 15:58

I can't remember the name of the song. Holly doesn't actually kiss another girl in the video but she comes pretty damn close!
It's all for show though and it just looks really naff! :bebebe:

Lena410 19-10-2003 16:47

Mossopp I think I know which video your talking bout..but isn't that one of Holly's older ones?

I heard a year ago that Pink said that she had lesbian experiences. I think she's bisexual but I don't really care. It's her private life. As long as it doesn't look like she's copying tatu.

cirrus 19-10-2003 18:00

I really hope this Kissing thing doesn't become a trend. Well, apart from the "Oh dude that's so hot" male reaction thing, it's actually pretty lame. I mean, come on, they could atleast act like lesbians. But we know they're not so there's no point to their kiss. It's purely for our attention. And isn't that even worse to everyone who criticizes tatu?

"Oh man tatu is so fake. Hey did you see that britney / madonna kiss? Yeah that was so awesome!":rolleyes:

Lena410 19-10-2003 18:37

cirrus, I totaly agree with you!

Tatu is shallow because they kiss each other and maybe are not together but when brit madonna and christina kiss without even being friends its cool. *shakes head* that's just lame

guesshoo 20-10-2003 03:09

i don't think avril's gay, shes just confused.
bisexual maybe, gay i doubt it.

skye 20-10-2003 05:30

well....at the first sight of seeing pink, I don't think that she could be str8, I don't know....she does look gay :dknow: maybe her hairstyle tells me I AM GAY :ithink: you may judge is she gay or not sometimes by hairstyle, but it's not always accurate :blabla:

luxxi 20-10-2003 11:01

OK, here's my Ђ0.02.

IMO Pink is running out of things to shock with.

First it was hair. OK, that worked for some time but people got used to it.

Then it was lyrics. OK, tough girl, we get it. Then she kind of turned away from that in second album. And also there are lot of women with angry or "angry" lyrics so that doesn't work anymore.

So what's left? Oh, I know. I'll make out with a woman. That should shock them.

It will work for some time. I wonder what's next.

Also, yes I agree, too many women singers copy t.A.T.u. If they really felt this way why did all this start after t.A.T.u. went west? Also IMO a lot of this is to cver up the fact that their lyrics, well, suck. If your lyrics suck you have to make good video to get across. but dancing 1/2 naked on stage doesn't work anymore because everybody is doing it, so you have to come up with something more shocking.

kishkash 20-10-2003 13:26

lol...pink LOL...she scares me :p Never had a doubt in my mind that she was gay. Neva even knew she had a BF.

As far as Avril goes she's about as Bi as Bi can get. There's a few stories in some circles here that "verify" that. ;)

LenochkaO 20-10-2003 13:43

Does it really matter? I mean, there's no limit on the number of people who can be lesbian, gay or bi. If it's just a publicity stunt, well, she wouldn't be the first, and there are plenty who say that Tatu's relationship is just to generate headlines. Personally, I don't give a flying monkey's whether Pink is lesbian, bi, straight or likes sheep (though as far as I know, she's not Welsh, Aussie, Kiwi or from Aberdeen). It's not as though the kiss was part of a stage show (unlike BritTinaDonna), so what's the big deal?

girl_into_music 20-10-2003 14:45

Quote:

Originally posted by Lena410
cirrus, I totaly agree with you!

Tatu is shallow because they kiss each other and maybe are not together but when brit madonna and christina kiss without even being friends its cool. *shakes head* that's just lame

Why is it better to kiss a stranger than your friend (like Y&L)?:lol:

PowerPuff Grrl 20-10-2003 18:54

So now we are assuming that Tatu has had a patent of Sapphic sex appeal for all these years?

Honestly guys, it has been done before. For one thing, Madonna has been doing this since before Tatu even knew what the word "lesbian" meant. This isn't some invention of the East later exploited by the West. Nobody can claim homosexuality, it is universal.

As for the current batch of artists, I wouldn't go so far as to say that they are copying Tatu. The whole lesbian appeal was always attractive to straight men and being that they make up most of the market, obviously the industry already lured in the Sapphic factor. The process was just gradual and subtle. The only thing Tatu did, IMHO, was speed up the process with their debut. And quite frankly I'm not even going to credit them nor Ivan for that but rather Interscope/Universal and MTV. Those compnies deserve all of your praises.

Regarding Pink, I do not get any hint of this being a marketing ploy, actually nothing from Pink reminds me of anything remotely fake. Her last album was a departure of the image she was assigned to being, i.e. the white Mary J. Blige. She had contributed more to her album and I took that as being becoming more expressive. With this news (if it is true, of course) I think it is just her being more truthful with herself.

Your mileage may vary.

luxxi 20-10-2003 19:05

Quote:

Originally posted by PowerPuff Grrl
As for the current batch of artists, I wouldn't go so far as to say that they are copying Tatu. The whole lesbian appeal was always attractive to straight men and being that they make up most of the market, obviously the industry already lured in the Sapphic factor. The process was just gradual and subtle. The only thing Tatu did, IMHO, was speed up the process with their debut. And quite frankly I'm not even going to credit them nor Ivan for that but rather Interscope/Universal and MTV. Those compnies deserve all of your praises.

True, however there's difference between hinted lesbian act (like dancing close, lapdancing etc) and full scale lip kiss on stage. This is where others are copying t.A.T.u. Why sudden boom after they came along? Bacause it's IN and everybody wants to be IN.